The Barteldes Seed building was constructed to store seed in 1906. Designed by Architects Aaron Gove and Thomas Walsh, this 5-story building was a large country-wide seed wholesale facility. Looking across from the Chester S. Morey Mercantile Lofts building reveals a “door to nowhere” outside of the Barteldes Seed building. The doors would have connected with a foot bridge over the viaduct system on 16th Street since viaducts were used to easily transport goods to and from Union Station. In the late 1980’s as LoDo was upon it’s revival, the building was converted into commercial office space and residential loft condos known as 1600 Wynkoop Condos. The homes and offices feature gorgeous exposed brick walls, heavy timber, and original floors to maintain the historic character of the building’s heritage. There is shared roof deck access for residents.